- 2003, “Cultural Stewardship in Complementary Medicine”, the first international award by the Rosenthal Centre for Complementary & Alternative Medicine, of the Medical School in Columbia University, New York.
- 2002, the Equator Prize by the United Nations Development Program for ‘Medicinal Plants Program’ for linking conservation to livelihood needs.
- 1998, Norman Borlaug award for contribution to Conservation of Medicinal Plants.
- 2011, Padma Shri to Sri Darshan Shankar, the Founder Director of FRLHT by the Government of India.
- 2010, creation of a National Rasayanas Research Facility at I-IAM supported by the Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- 2009–10, recognized FRLHT as a Center of Excellence in Indian Systems of Medicine by the Department of AYUSH, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- 2003, recognised by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research for engagement in Scientific and Industrial Research.
- 2002, recognised as National Center of Excellence for Medicinal Plants and Traditional Knowledge by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India.